Today I will be talking about why you should be cleaning your makeup brushes. I will admit that I don’t clean them every time I use them, Ain’t nobody got time for that.
But, I do clean them when I go grab a clean brush, and go opps, I don’t have anymore cleaned brushes, I probably should clean them lol. Usually my 7 month old daughter is helping me, she sits on her chair, watching me, while we sing a song.
Why clean your makeup brushes?
It’s important to clean your makeup brushes for a couple of reasons:
- Bacteria. Number 1 reason and very important reason why you should be cleaning your brushes. Bacteria grows on the used brush due to the perfect environment it provides. Think about it, dirty, dust, oil from your skin, and the moist, warm environment your brushes provides. It’s heaven for those bacteria.
- Breakouts and skin irritation. Well of course you will get breakout and skin irritation from dirty brushes, look what on them, bacteria, dirt and dead skin cell. Swiping that on your face will overload your skin with microbes, causing acne and red rashes.
- Clogged pores. You must of saw that coming. Dirty brushes cause breakout, and skin irritation, so it definitely will clog up your pores.
- Muddy makeup look. In case you didn’t know but dirty brushes will affect the performance of your application. It’s already struggle trying to blend everything out nicely without trying to make your makeup streaky or uneven.
- longevity of the brushes. Makeup brushes are investment. When you don’t take care of your tools you end up throwing money down the drain. Get your money worth by cleaning and taking care of your makeup brushes.
Here me, cleaning my brushes. I use the Quo solid brush cleanser and heart shape brushes cleaner that I brought from Wish.
Well that all for now, talk to you later