One day, my mother in law came over from the grocery store and was like look what I brought for Athena. She brought her those food pouches. I know her heart was in the right place, she just wanted to buy something for Athena but I was not giving Athena any of those pouches. I told her thank you but you would have to return them.
Food pouches are on the rage right now because they are conveniently, no mess, easy for families on the go, do not require refrigeration, no need to microwave, and allow kids get some fruits and vegetables.
I’m not judging any parents who do use those pouches for their kids. Like I always say, you do, you and what makes your family happy. It’s none of my business.
Why would I not let Athena have them?
I have multiple reasons.
- I don’t trust them. Big number reason, I don’t trust them one bit. You can’t see inside, for all you know it full of mould or bugs. Don’t believe it, tons of videos of parents cutting in to those pouches and finding stuff in them. Plus they add more sugar and calories in to them.
- Added sugar and calories. The pouches has higher sugar and calories compared to the real fruit and vegetables. They often lack fibre, which will make you feel full and help regulate your digested track. So with lower fibre and higher sugar, you children will eat more to get that full factor which could cause obesity.
- Your child won’t learn how to properly eat. When feeding them the food pouches they don’t have to chew, they only have to suck the food out of the package.
- When the food is hidden in a pouch, your child will miss out on what the food looks like, the smell of the food, the touch and feel of the food.
- Children who only consume pouches or purred foods, well become picky eaters when it comes time to eat solid foods.
- Pouches are bad for the environment. The packaging doesn’t break down, can’t be reused or recycled, so it’s ends up in the landfill.
- Pouches are expensive, 2 dollars for one pouch compare to actual buying the fruits and vegetables, making the baby food and freezing tons of food that will last for over a month. Hmm 🤔 you do the math.
Well that just my thoughts on food pouches.
What do you think about the baby food pouches?
Talk to you later, friends.
Life is enchanting